Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy Birthday, Boo :)

A little break from the ordinary to wish my best friend a happy 11th birthday. Eleven years - wow; 77 in people years ~ and she's still going strong. She tore up her knee about 18 months ago, but acupuncture helped that. I think maybe a little arthritis may be setting in there, but other than that - still a puppy.

She is half basenji and half blue heeler - makes for a stubborn, independent, very smart companion. But she is also extremely loving, very sensitive, super loyal and an all around good buddy. One of my strongest memories of her exemplifies her sensitivity. On September 11, 2001, when the towers fell and I spent the day crying and trying to reach my son in NYC, she never moved from my side. She literally sat on my feet all day giving comfort the only way she knew how. (I finally did reach my son, btw, and I was one of the lucky ones - he was fine).

Happy Birthday, Simba Girl. May you have many, many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment