Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happiness




I wish I could show you her face, but suffice it to say my friend, Pardeep, at the Post Office was surprised when I sat a little blue bear on her weight scale today. I didn't know how much time we would have to chat, so I had put a little tag on it saying, "Thank you for always having a smile."
She blushed, picked him up and squeezed him and said, "Oh, I love him!"
I said, "Well, I just want you to know how much I appreciate you - you always have a smile no matter how stressed you might be. So, thank you!"
She responded with an enthusiastic, "Thank you!"
There were a few people in line by then, so I promptly signed my bill and left. But I've got to tell you - her smile and surprise absolutely made my day!!!


4 comments:

  1. you are a love! thanks for sharing this.
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting here smiling! It just feels so good to make others feel good, I think! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cool! That is such a great thing you did. It's nice to be appreciated and having someone make something by hand makes it all the more special!

    www.akanedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. o thanks girls. she definitely deserved it. and i think any time you can send a little sunshine someone's way, you should. it's so easy.

    ReplyDelete