Friday, June 24, 2011

Like a Herd of Elephants!

Last minute preparations going on in the studio today for Project Hello at RedLine Gallery in Denver tomorrow;  but I did have time to create a few dog toys ~ or as I call them ~ "ChewUpons."  Because that's what dogs do best ~ chew upon ~ anything!

These are "The Elephant in the Room..."  They are about 8" long; the seams are double-stitched for durability and triple stitched by the tail (after that it’s up to your dog). Stuffed with non-allergenic polyfill and NO squeakers. Safety first. Our dog toys are a squeaker-free zone; no choking hazards! However, dogs being—you know—dogs your precious may decide to chew off that tail or pull the stuffings out thru the ellie's trunk. (What's that you say?  "No!  Not my precious!") Should that occur, I recommend keeping an eye on the little critter.  (Both of 'em.)  I know my precious sometimes enjoys her toys even more once that nasty stuffing is gone and she can toss it around freely.  

The elephants are debuting tomorrow at Project Hello and will be showing up in my Etsy shop next week!

4 comments:

  1. Those elephants are just tooooooo cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love elephants! I actually collect them! And the NO Squeaker is a good thing haha My dog can't stand them and will chew the toy till she gets it out! She checks each new toy out haha She will go bite and nibble down the toy from head to back. Then go back the other way if it has a squeaker she keeps checking where it's at then sometimes she will just tear a whole big enough to get it out other times she destroys the toy =/ It's hard to find them without the squeakers!

    I found my way here via the Etsy Promotions team =) New GFC follower =)
    Arizona Girls blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone!
    Arizona Girls - I know... my dog used to love to seek out the squeakers, too. But ever since a friend's dog choked on one (and sadly died) squeakers make me really nervous. :( Thanks for commenting and stopping by! So happy you found me. :)

    ReplyDelete