Saturday, October 1, 2011

Booga Booga!

Holidays.  Dreams and nightmares.

Since I've been creating little critters the holidays have proven to be both challenging and delightful.  Some seasonal ideas really hit the mark; some don't quite make the cut and are delegated to the "donation" shelf. Because even if a plushie isn't exactly what I had in mind, it still can bring a smile to a child's face.  I'm big on Toys for Tots!  And however frustrating it is to spend time on a prototype (or two) and realize the idea just isn't going to fly; it is all part of the game.

But then there are the ones that do.  I just know in my gut when an idea is going to work ~ like my friend here ~ Stinky the Dead Cat. Some holidays bring out the more creative side of me than others.  Halloween is one such holiday.  Last year was my first year creating Wee Monsters, et al, and not only was I surprised by how much fun I had bringing them to life ~ I was equally surprised by how popular they were!  And then ~ blow me over with a feather ~ people started requesting them all year long.  (You guys are warped.  But in a good way! *wink*)

So this year I knew to start early with the current designs and take an hour here and there to work on some new ones.  I gave it considerable thought before entering into the Dead Zone ~ not knowing if that would be too sensitive or not.  Then I remembered that Halloween is closely associated with Day of the Dead (November 1 and 2) ~ so why not?

Enter Dead Seymour the Wee Monkey.

There are more dead creatures hanging out in my head.  I just hope I have time to create them all...  Holy cow!  It's October 1st already!



No comments:

Post a Comment