Friday, September 30, 2011

All Pink ~ All Month!

Squeeeee!!  Etsy Peeps!!  Thank you so much!!

As many Etsy sellers and followers do, I receive an email with featured themes on Etsy every day.  They are always so cleverly put together and feature incredible products ~ I am usually tempted to buy at least a couple of things!  So today when I received the October Shopping Guide and scrolled down thru the delicious temptations, I was thrilled to see my knit hat featured!

Breast Cancer Awareness has long been a cause near and dear to me.  Two maternal aunts suffered for years with the disease and the miserable, painful side effects from treatment (they have both since passed).  A few years ago my Mom (who luckily has remained disease-free) volunteered to be part of a clinical study for some experimental drugs ~ hoping to help her sisters.  I've had my own scares (and scars) over the years and I'm one of the lucky ones ~ so far I've dodged the bullet.

So when I started my Etsy shop 2.5 years ago, I knew I wanted to do something to support the cause.  The main focus of my shop are my Wee Ones and Liten Venns - little stuffed animals.  So every September and October a lot of pink pops up in my shop with my BC Buddies.  I also do consignment with seven stores across the country and am so happy that five of them partner with me in this effort every year.


Last year I discovered knitting looms and got slightly addicted.  So, although I have yet to figure out how to fashion a stuffed animal on one, I do enjoy making knit hats.  It's a perfect pastime for those long winter nights by the fire.  I decided to add a few BC Beanies to my shop, with a focus on breast cancer patients who often need something warm for their sweet heads.  (I plan to add more in just a few days.)


10% of the sale of each BC Beanie and BC Buddy goes to Susan G Komen for the Cure.  I look forward to the day when that organization will no longer be needed... because we've found a cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment