Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happiness!

The second gift shop I signed with - can it be almost 18 months ago? - was Modern Mouse in lovely Alameda, California which sits across the Bay from the equally lovely San Francisco.  The owner, Eleen, (lovely herself) and I struck up a cyberspace friendship immediately.  Since then her brick 'n mortar store has grown by leaps and bounds, as has her ever-so-friendly and hard-working staff.  I'm thrilled to be a part of their beautiful shop!

Happiness has been a recurring theme in my life.  It has popped up when I least expect it; I've used the word happy so many times in business and in life it is practically my middle name.  I even have a tattoo with the Chinese symbol for happiness.

So, no surprise that Modern Mouse, Eleen and I would eventually join forces.  Eleen is all about delivering happiness (inspired by Zappos Founder, Tony Hsieh) and that is completely reflected in how she goes about her business and how she goes about her life.  And you know what they say about happiness ~~ it is contagious.  Take a peek at her online shop and you will see what I mean!  Happiness everywhere!

It was such fun to see my Wee Ones featured not once, but twice in Modern Mouse's October newsletter!  Drake-ula is proud to be a part of the Halloween Gift Guide!


And the other Big Deal in October is always (for me, anyway) Breast Cancer Awareness.  Modern Mouse partners with me in this cause and is featuring these BC Buddies in their shop!

And if you're just looking for a Wee One in general, a special selection can be found on Modern Mouse's shopping site.

One of these days I'm going to surprise those kids at Modern Mouse and pop by to say hi!  Thank you Eleen and crew for all you do.   Happiness all around!  

2 comments:

  1. We'd be the happiest mice around if you paid us a visit, Cindi! Thank you so much for this awesome post, and for being one of our most favoritest artists to work with EVER! :D xox, eleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The feeling is definitely mutual. :)

    ReplyDelete