Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Why I Love What I Do!

All of my customers are special to me, but once in awhile an order comes thru that stands out.  I just never know where my critters may end up and what their stories will be. And, in the end, that is why I love what I do. A request for Rudy and Toby (the ram and dinosaur pictured here) was one such order.

A few months ago I had a note from Haleigh ~ she was excited to see the addition of Rudy the Ram in my Etsy shop, because one of her two sons carries the nickname of "Ram." As the mother of two boys myself, I remember well ~ if you buy one critter you must by another ~ so Rudy and Toby were on their way to Haleigh's two little boys.

What I didn't know until just recently is that they were surprise gifts for the boys from Mommy and Daddy to let them know that their Daddy was thinking of them.  Because, you see, Daddy is a Sargent in the United States Marines and as a member of the 26th MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit) was deployed to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Libya, Italy, Africa and Greece (with a lot of time spent on a ship in those areas) for almost 9 months.  Scary stuff.

Haleigh provided the image you see here ~ the top and bottom photos are the boys saying (as she so sweetly put it) their "see you laters" and the center photo is Dad returning home safely and embracing his precious little boys.

I was so touched by Haleigh's story ~ honored that she chose Rudy and Toby for such meaningful gifts at such an important time in her children's lives and honored that she shared it with me.  Thank you seems inadequate, but thank you Sgt. Johnson for your service and to Haleigh and the boys, thank you for your sacrifice and your service as well.

I can't say it enough ~ stories like Haleigh's are why I love what I do.  It brings wonderful people like Haleigh and her family into my life.  And I am grateful for that.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a wonderful story. I hope all the little boys and girls that have a family member serving our great country could enjoy wee ones. However, more importantly their family member get home safe to enjoy the little happy smiles waiting for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete