Thursday, August 11, 2011

Yes. I Do.

The other day I was asked a question that took me aback.

A woman (who shall remain nameless, but she knows her stuff) picked up one of my Wee Ones with great curiosity   She examined it carefully, turning it upside down, sideways, scrutinizing every stitch ~ and then set it down.   She looked at me quizzically and asked, "You really make these?"

"Yes, I do."

"Really."

"Yes."  

"Because it is so professionally done."

I didn't know what to say.  I mean, was she questioning my honesty?  My integrity?  My work?  My character?  So I just smiled and said, "Thank you."  (and I was thinking ~ I think that was a compliment... maybe...)

I took just a minute or two to consider what she had said and realized - she had just paid me the biggest compliment I've had in quite some time!  If she thought my work was good enough to be deemed "professional," well, then I've made the big time.  (At least in my own head)  *wink*

So as kind of proof positive, I took some shots of work in progress today.  Meet the evolution of Francesca.




And yes. I made her.  :)  She - a whole gaggle of her friends - will be residing at A Show of Hands in Cherry Creek North this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I also think it was a great compliment :)
    good for you !

    ReplyDelete