Tuesday, August 16, 2011

And On a Personal Note...

I don't often talk much about my personal life here because this is, after all, my business blog.  I have a personal blog called I Need a Cupcake which, sadly, has been collecting dust and cobwebs for a couple of years now... :(  Well, ok, I made an entry in February of this year, but prior to that it was almost exactly a year since my last entry.

I thought about why I haven't blogged much there in the past couple of years and came to the conclusion that I don't have a personal life.  Or should I say, the boundaries of my business life and my personal life have become so blurred, they are, indeed one.  ~~That and I lost 20 lbs. in the last year and honestly, the last thing I need is a cupcake.  (Although I still crave them!)

That being said, you may see some of my personal life pop up here from time to time.  This is one of those times.  Because this is very special.
Four years ago my son married his girlfriend of eight years ~ a delightful young woman we welcomed into our family with open arms.  Three weeks after their wedding she entered Traditional Chinese Medical School and he hasn't seen her since.  Not literally, of course; but determined to give it her very best, she has spent the bulk of the last four years with her head in a book, her body in a class or in clinic curing people.

Her complete dedication paid off.  Next Sunday she graduates.  Not only did she pass four Medical Boards (one of them optional, but three required) to be licensed, but she absolutely aced every single class and exam in her four years of school - setting records for some of the highest exam scores in the school's history.  This, not surprisingly, has resulted in her being named Valedictorian of her graduating class.

You may have gathered by now that I am extremely proud of her.  Because not only is she beautiful inside and out, she is brilliant and devoted to healing people and making the world a better place.  And I have to give a little shout out to my son, too, for taking over as chief cook (literally) and bottle-washer and supporting her every step of the way.

But what to do for this amazing person on this auspicious occasion - this graduating girl?  I decided she needed a personalized, special edition Chi Chi the Chinese Panda Bear.  He will become part of her life as she says good bye to her professors and colleagues and begins her new life as a full fledged practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine.  That is, of course, after she and her husband return from a much needed 2nd Honeymoon in Kauai!  Time for them to get reacquainted!

No comments:

Post a Comment