Thursday, April 28, 2011

Humbly Accepting...

And now for something completely different.

I was recently tagged with a “Versatile Blogger” award. Thank you very much sweet Dana. And the deal with that is – you share 7 things about yourself and go on to tag 7 of your favorite bloggers. I’m not huge in the blogging world and I only follow a handful of blogs so Kat, Susan, Kathleen – you’re it. Because you are awesome.

And here are some [I’m so sure] fascinating facts about me.

1. I have to create something every day or it is a wasted day to me. It is a value/obsession my Mom instilled in me from a young age. And I am eternally grateful to her for that. I will never be bored.

2. I function quite well in solitude. I enjoy alone time. It is the joy of having more interests than I can fit into a lifetime. Again – I will never be bored. That being said ~ put me, my kids, my mister and a few friends in a room, add a glass of wine or champagne and I’m the biggest social butterfly ever. As long as I know I can retreat into my studio the next day and be alone.

3. Jimmy Buffett once invited me to a New Years Eve party at Margaritaville in Key West. Unfortunately I couldn't go. Bummer.

4. I am a television, Netflix and movie addict. (And really true confessions? Any online fabric site.) My guilty pleasure is “Real Housewives of…” ~ anywhere. But Beverly Hills Housewives are my favorite. Please come back Camille, you little vixen you.

5. I abhor talking on the phone but will email you in a heartbeat. And I still believe in writing handwritten thank you notes. Come on, people. If someone cared enough and took the time to choose a gift for you, you owe them at least a handwritten note.

6. My BFF is my husband’s sister. I had never met her until the day I married her brother. Who knew what a gift that would turn out to be? Our friendship has grown incredibly close over the [almost] 18 years despite the fact that she lives in another country. We share a love of art in all forms; good wine; laughter; deep conversations; silly conversations; hikes along the ocean (or lake) shore; not to mention all the shared highs and lows of just being “family.” We even published a book together ~ her poetry and my photography ~ Flight of the Magpie.

7. My favorite thing in life is being a Mom. The greatest gifts I have ever received are my two brilliant, talented, charming sons. And bonus – the women they have chosen to spend their lives with are equally brilliant, talented, beautiful and strong women! Yay – I now have 4 children and double yay ~ I finally have daughters!

So there are 7 oh so fascinating things about me. Thanks for playing.

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the award and the facts are fun to read...hope your weekend is fabby!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete