Friday, March 11, 2011

Constantly in Motion...

Last night I had a unique experience as a participant of RAW Natural Born Artists Denver. What is that you ask? Well, let's share.

About a week ago the Co-Director of the Denver RAW organization contacted me and asked if I would be interested in participating in the upcoming event at Jet Hotel downtown Denver. I learned the monthly events feature a wide variety of artists ~ poets, musicians, photographers, painters, fashion designers, jewelers and more. I decided my Wee Ones and I must fit into the "and more" category. Kind of like Andy Rooney used to be on 60 Minutes. (And if you don't get that reference, then I really AM old.) She explained to me the March event was going to have an unspoken theme of animal-esque and my Wee Ones were perfect for that.

So, since I am trying to adopt a new attitude of saying "yes" to things (particularly related to my Wee Ones, et al), I said "yes." I should follow that immediately with ~ I have the greatest husband/best friend ever because he's always up for coming along on my little adventures. He quickly said "yes" to my invitation. That raises my comfort level immensely because as an introvert and someone who doesn't even like to talk on the phone, my husband balances me by being the kind of guy who has never known a stranger. It works.

Which is why, as part of the RAW Artist experience, I would have much rather sent him in for the one-on-one interview with the videographer and the sound guy and the lighting guy; but I took a deep breath (oh, and a glass of wine) and made it thru that on my own. Miraculously.

So, anyway, I spent an entire week preparing. And it was worth it. What fun we had! And what wonderful artists and creative people we met! I made a fair amount of sales, but I can't put a price on the contacts I made, the exposure the Wee Ones received (and may I say, they were very well-received!) and just the fun we had and the interesting people we encountered. What a great experience!

I'll explain the photo now ~ because it does tie in. I snapped it with my iPhone as we were leaving Jet Hotel this morning (we spent the night and it is a charming little place). And as usual I'm in motion and the image is blurry. But I decided I liked it because it is who I am and how I am - constantly in motion. And yes, that's my BFF in the background holding the elevator for me. ;-)

My Dad was a man of few words but I do remember two things he said to me in my adult life.

"You sure know how to make work for yourself, Cindi."
and
"I get tired just watching you run up and down the stairs!" Constantly in motion.

Both of which have certainly helped me get to the point I am at today. Constantly working and constantly in motion. So yay on that.

And thanks for coming along. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment