Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Inspiration.

Sometimes when I'm working my Mom pops into my head. And she is adorable.

She jumped into my head today when I was creating a Piper the Penguin.

My thought? I thought - I hope I'm still doing this when I'm 92.

If you follow my wanderings you know that she is an inspiration to me ~ and anyone who knows her. She is 92 years young and sews, crochets and crafts every day. She does word search puzzles and jigsaw puzzles. She takes the stairs as opposed to the elevator. She is always open to learning something new. She quilts with her friends several times a week. She plays Bingo on Monday nights, volunteers every Saturday morning at the nursing home across from her apartment and is active in her church. She has taught my nieces how to sew, bakes a mean kringla (a Norwegian kind of shortbread) and has a mini-business doing alterations and designing quilts from all manner of things like treasured tee-shirts and baby blankets.

So, yes, when I am working with my hands I think of her. And am resolute in the notion that when I grow up I want to be just like her.

No comments:

Post a Comment