Monday, July 12, 2010

Everything is Ducky. Super Ducky!

My Dad was a man of few words. Very few. So when he did say something I remembered it. There are two comments he made during my adult life that I distinctly remember.

One was:
"You sure know how to make work for yourself."

And:
While visiting one summer he watched from his chair in front of the TV as I ran up and down stairs many times. He said, "Cindi. I get tired just watching you."

Obviously I take after my Mom. ;-)

So deciding to add a line of applique pillows to freckles & friends has created a lot of work for me. But soooooo much fun as well! An incredibly delicious amount of fun! I'm having a blast and just two days in have started receiving special orders. I am planning to specialize in simple, whimsical designs for nurseries and children's rooms. (But I'm not adverse to designing for adults as well!) I am thrilled that all of the beautiful gift shops I partner with have requested supplies. A few pillows will be making their debut at On A Lark's 2nd Sidewalk Fair this Saturday, July 17 from 10am - 2 pm. If you're in the area, stop by and check them out for yourself.

If you're not in the area, stay tuned because they will soon be appearing in Stoopher & Boots in New York City and Modern Mouse in the San Francisco Bay Area (Alameda), as well as in my Etsy shop . :)

No comments:

Post a Comment