Monday, October 19, 2009

M & M's and Puppy Dogs for Breakfast

That's what went thru my head as I unconsciously reached for an M & M (or should that be M singular?) this morning around 4:00 am. I'd already been up for 45 minutes. I had caught up on a couple of emails; checked into my morning websites and started sewing. Don't ask me why I've developed this habit for extremely early morning hours. All I know is I love what I'm doing; I have a lot to do; my interests are wide and varied (I just sent another photo/essay/quote book off to print on Saturday); and I'm getting a lot done.

When I spoke with my 91 year old Mom the other day she laughed at how I seem to be morphing into her. She, too, has always had many interests and has never spent a bored day in her life. She, too, got by on just a few hours of sleep a day ~ she raised 5 kids and worked full-time as a nurse on the night shift at our local hospital. I told her I couldn't think of anyone else I'd rather be. :)

So with one dog down this morning, I've five more to make to complete the special order of nine Christmas dogs. They will come to life in a bit. First a walk in the park with my real live dog and my camera are in order ~ one last day of Indian Summer left and I don't want to miss it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment