Thursday, December 17, 2009

Do It for the Kids!

I'll bet it's true in every part of the country ~ I know it is in Denver. The Toys for Tots program operated each year by the US Marines, is desperate for toys. The world being what it is these days, they have received more requests from families in need than ever before and accordingly, donations are at an all time low.

If you live in Denver and can donate anything ~ a yo-yo, a basketball, a doll - anything ~ you can drop them off tomorrow from 6:00am-6:00pm at any American Furniture in town; a couple of Super Wal-Marts (9449 Sheridan in Westminster or 9400 East Hampden in Denver, Bass ProShop 7970 Northfield in Stapleton; or the warehouse for Toys for Tots in Aurora, 12601 East 33rd every day from 8am - 5pm until December 23.

And if you don't live in Denver, consider giving in your community. It's all about the kids.

I decided to start my own tradition this year and go thru my "freckles & friends" inventory in December and donate anything that hasn't sold. What an easy thing to do!! I clear my shelves to make room for new stock in the new year ~ and maybe some little one will go to bed on Christmas night with a smile and a new best friend.

Win-Win. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment